At UC Davis, we have a diverse and interdisciplinary group of faculty, students, postdocs, and staff engaged in a wide breadth of research. Here you can explore many different areas of chemistry, including biofuels, nucleic acids, glycoscience, metabolic engineering, imaging, metalloenzymes, reaction kinetics, spectroscopy, natural product synthesis, nanomaterials, medicinal chemistry, protein structure, vaccine design, and more.
We also encourage and support research that transcends traditional academic boundaries by bringing together scholars from different areas of study who share our interest in the chemical sciences, such as the School of Medicine, College of Engineering, College of Biological Sciences, and Genome Center (see Graduate Groups at UC Davis for more information about the graduate group concept).
See People for a more comprehensive photo directory of our faculty.
- A recipe for docking carbocations in enzyme active sites (Siegel, Tantillo et al.)
- Ultrafast spectroscopy reveals photoinduced charge transfer dynamics in iron-sulfur proteins (Larsen, Cramer, Goodin et al.)
- A new material with high thermoelectric efficiency at room temperature (Donadio, Kauzlarich et al.)
- Structure elucidation of biologically important metabolites (Fiehn et al.)
- A chemoenzymatic synthon for carbohydrate synthesis (Chen et al.)
- Light Turns on Water Splitting Photocatalyst (Osterloh et al.)
- Elucidating the mechanochemistry of metal organic framework polymorphs (Navrotsky et al.)