Preparatory Subject Matter: 36-42 Units
- Chemistry: CHE 2A-2B-2C or 2AH-2BH-2CH or 4A-4B-4C
- Mathematics: MAT 16A-16B-16C or 17A-17B-17C or 21A-21B-21C
- Physics: PHY 7A-7B-7C or 9A-9B-9C
Depth Subject Matter: 43 Units
- Analytical Chemistry: CHE 105
- Inorganic Chemistry: CHE 124A
- Organic Chemistry: CHE 128A, 128B, 128C, 129A, 129B
- Physical Chemistry: CHE 110A, 110B, 110C*
At least 11 additional upper division units in chemistry (except CHE 107A or 107B) or related areas, including one course with formal lectures. CHE 199 or 194H strongly encouraged; may include units earned from CHE 197T. For a list of pre-approved courses in related areas, see AB in Chemistry - Approved Electives (PDF). If interested in taking courses not on this list, they must be approved in advance by the major adviser.
*MAT 21A-21B-21C-21D and 22A-22AL-22B are recommended prior to enrolling in the CHE 110 series.
Total Units for the Major: 79-85 Units