For additional opportunities available at UC Davis, see Jobs.
Position: Assistant Professor in Analytical Chemistry
- Ph.D in Chemistry or related field by Fall 2021
- Strong recommendations
- Demonstrated potential to achieve a strong record in the areas of research, teaching, and service
- Ability to teach both undergraduate and graduate-level chemistry courses with an awareness of methods that address the needs of our increasingly diverse state and student population and help advance UC Davis’ strategic goal of improving access and building an inclusive community.
- Demonstrated potential to achieve an externally-funded research program.
- Strong commitment to providing service to the department, university, and chemistry communities.
Description of Duties: Successful candidates are expected to establish a nationally recognized well-funded research program and must demonstrate the potential to achieve exceptional scientific excellence. The candidate is expected to be strongly committed to excellence in teaching at both the graduate and undergraduate levels in analytical and general chemistry.
Application Deadline: This position will remain open until filled but, for full consideration, applications should be submitted by October 15, 2021.
Application Materials: Submit C.V., cover letter, Statement of Teaching, Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, original research proposal, three letters of recommendation and Authorization to Release Information Form via https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF04305.
Inquiries may be addressed to Roxanne Grijalva at email@example.com.
Position: Lecturer positions in the Department of Chemistry
Qualifications: Ph.D required; college and/or university teaching preferred.
Description of Duties: Duties will include teaching in General Chemistry and/or Organic Chemistry lecture courses and labs. The Chemistry Lecturer will be responsible for modifying existing and creating new course materials, conducting classes, managing teaching assistants, assigning grades and responding to feedback from students and peers.
Salary: Dependent upon candidate’s training and experience.
- Summer 1: 06/21/2021 – 07/30/2021
- Summer 2: 08/02/2021 – 08/10/2021
- Fall quarter: 09/20/2021 – 12/10/2021
- Winter quarter: 01/3/2022 – 03/18/2022
- Spring quarter: 03/24/2022 - 06/09/2022
Application Deadline: 03/15/21 or until positions are filled.
Application Materials: Submit cover letter, CV, Statement of Teaching, Statement of Contributions to Diversity, and the contact information for three professional references via https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF03933
Inquiries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.