R.B. Miller Research, Service, and Mentorship Award
The R.B. Miller Research, Service, and Mentorship Award will be a $500 award recognizing two graduate students conducting research in fields allied with the Miller Symposium and who have also demonstrated exemplary commitment to the University and the Community as demonstrated by service, outreach, and mentoring activities. This award celebrates graduate students who demonstrate excellence, as exemplified by the namesake of the Award, R. Bryan Miller, in research, teaching, and service.
The fellowship is open to all graduate students at UCD doing research related to the topics of the symposium.
- Prepare a one-page statement that includes a paragraph on your current research, and highlights your contributions in service, mentoring/teaching and outreach.
- Provide a copy of your CV.
- The student should arrange to have at least one letter submitted on their behalf for the Award.
- Applicants for the RB Miller Research, Service, and Mentorship Award must also submit an abstract for the poster session for the R.B. Miller Symposium (February 26, 2021). The award is contingent upon presenting at the poster session. Submit your abstract to the poster session (see poster submission page) and include a copy of the abstract submission in the application.
- Application materials must be submitted to Emily Atkinson via email@example.com as a single PDF file by Friday Feb. 12. Letters of recommendation should be submitted separately.