If you are interested in a possible TA position for Winter 2019, please see the below information and the Teaching Assistant position listed on AggieJobLink (ID: 843667)
The following are steps graduate students from outside of the Department of Chemistry must take to be considered for a TA position.
- Take the ACS (American Chemical Society) General Chemistry Placement Exam and score at or above the 70th percentile.
- Complete TA training through the department.
- If you are an international student and English is not your native language, provide evidence of earning a score of 50 or greater on the SPEAK Test or a "Pass" on the TOEP.
Please contact our Graduate Program Coordinator for the next available examination date.
About the Exam
- 120 minutes
- 70 multiple choice questions
- You may use a scientific calculator (graphing calculators are not permitted)
Content is derived from three quarters (or two semesters) of General Chemistry and includes:
- Atomic Structure
- Molecular Structure and Bonding
- States of Matter / Solutions
- Electrochemistry / Redox
- Descriptive Chemistry / Periodicity
- Laboratory Chemistry