All students who register in CHE 2A or CHE 4A are required to satisfy the Chemistry Placement Requirement. Students who do not satisfy the placement requirement to remain enrolled in general chemistry will be administratively dropped from the course by the Department of Chemistry. There are no exceptions to this policy.
The Academic Assistance and Tutoring Center provides review materials, workshops, drop-in and group tutoring, and additional resources. If you have any questions about the Chemistry Placement Requirement please reference our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page on our website.
All students enrolled in chemistry lab courses are required to follow the safety rules. These rules are mandatory and expected from all students at all times, including the FIRST DAY of lab. Please familiarize yourself with the information before your first scheduled lab.
Of special note is the required safety apparel:
- ANSI-compliant, indirectly-vented, chemical splash safety goggles
- 100% cotton lab coat
- Closed-toe, closed-heel shoes
- Clothing that completely covers your arms and legs
Students are also required to have a current lab manual. Manuals are provided below in PDF form for viewing and downloading. They are also available for purchase at the UC Davis Bookstore.
- CHE 2A Lab Manual (Winter 2023)
- CHE 2B Lab Manual (Spring 2023)
- CHE 2C Lab Manual (Spring 2023)
- Safety Rules for Teaching Laboratories (Rev. 1/24/2018)
- Chemistry Repeater Form