Be sure to check out the fantastic tour on Instagram Live that Dr. Bryan Enderle recently gave of the Chemistry department, what a great way to share our space and campus.
Congratulations to former R. David Britt postdoc Dr. Bryan Hunter, who is joining the Chemistry faculty at Northwestern University this Fall!
Assistant Professor Kyle N. Crabtree has received a notice of award from the NSF CAREER program to study reactions of complex organic molecules in interstellar clouds. Congratulations!!
We are excited to welcome Dr. Chenchen Song, who will join our department as an Assistant Professor in the field of Theoretical Chemistry in 2021!
We are excited to welcome Dr. Cody Pitts, who will join our department as an Assistant Professor in the field of Organic Chemistry in 2021!
Dr. Yuan Ping, a Ph.D. graduate from the our department and currently an Assistant Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry at UC Santa Cruz, is a recipient of the OpenEye Outstanding Junior Faculty Award from the Computers in Chemistry (COMP) division of the American Chemical Society (ACS).
Assistant Professor David Olson has received the 2020 Life Young Investigator award. Congratulations!
Distinguished Professor R. David Britt has been elected a Fellow of the International Society of Magnetic Resonance (ISMAR), the only international scientiﬁc organization that represents the whole range of the important research ﬁeld of magnetic resonance (MR). ISMAR elects only four Fellows each year, thus Professor Britt is joining a highly rarefied group of the world's leading researchers. Congratulations!
Congratulations to Assistant Professor Jesús M. Velázquez, who has received a notice of award from the NSF CAREER program. His project is entitled Blueprint for Unlocking New Energy Conversion Functionality in Chalcogenide Frameworks through Precisely Designed Composition, Electronic Structure and Surface Coordination.
- Dr. Cynthia M. Friend, a graduate of UC Davis Chemistry (Class of '77) has been named as the next president of the Kavli Foundation.
- The LibreTexts free textbook project, spearheaded by Prof. Delmar Larsen, reaches a milestone of a half billion page views and nearly 4,000 student-years of study time.
- Congratulations to Elizabeth Lotsof (David lab) for taking the first-place prize for Best Poster Presentation (student) at the 2020 Environmental Mutagenesis & Genomics Society Annual Meeting!
- How does nature make an efficient organometallic hydrogenase catalyst employing toxic CO and CN-? Check out the H-cluster biosynthesis perspective by Britt, Rao, and Tao.
- Congratulations to the Heffern Lab for receiving the top honor within the College of Letters and Science for the 2020 UC Davis Lab Safety Awards!
- Bill Jackson (Professor Emeritus) was awarded the American Physical Society’s Julius Edgar Lilienfeld Prize “for outstanding contributions to fundamental chemical physics and spectroscopy associated with asteroids and comets, and for exemplary teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as lifelong service and inspiration to a diverse community."
- Osvaldo Gutierrez, an alum of the Tantillo lab, was recently named one of Chemical & Engineering News' Talented Twelve for his work with carbon-carbon bonds. We send cheers and well wishes to Dr. Gutierrez from UC Davis as he is now currently at the University of Maryland.
Catalyzing Enantioselective Si–H Insertions for Silicon-centered Chirality
New Franz Lab research published in J. Am. Chem. Soc.