- Dr. Yudong Qiu (Wang Group) has been awarded a Software Fellowship from the Molecular Sciences Software Institute (MolSSI) sponsored by NSF. These prestigious awards will recognize advanced graduate students and postdocs pursuing the development of software that will benefit the broader field of computational molecular sciences, including molecular simulation, quantum chemistry, and materials science.
- Graduate Student Zachary Buchanan (Crabtree Lab) has been awarded a Chateaubriand Fellowship. This Fellowship is offered by the Embassy of France in the United States and supports outstanding Ph.D. students from American universities who wish to conduct research in France for a period ranging from 4 to 9 months.
- Graduate student Chris Colla (Casey Lab) has been awarded the Allen G. Marr Prize in honor of superior dissertation work.
- Distinguished Professor R. David Britt has been recognized with the 2018 Zaviosky Award. The Zavoisky Award is awarded by the Kazan Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences and recognizes truly outstanding applications or developments of electron paramagnetic resonance in any field of science.
- Professor David Olson has been selected to receive the University Honors Program Faculty Award for Outstanding Mentorship.
- Undergraduate students Alexandra Greb (Pharmaceutical Chemistry), Khoi Tran (Chemical Physics), and Ming Yin Quan (Chemistry) have been awarded UC Davis Outstanding Senior Awards, recognizing "graduating seniors who have made significant contributions to the dynamic intellectual life at UC Davis."
- Graduate student Sommer Johansen (Crabtree Lab) has been selected for the 2018 NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship in Astrophysics. She was one of 8 Fellows selected in Astrophysics (out of 177 applicants).
Book Highlight: X-ray Nanochemistry
Professor Ting Guo publishes a book on X-ray nanochemistryLearn More