- Congratulations to graduate students Ashlee Hauble (Kauzlarich Lab) and Coyla Munson (Murray Lab) for being selected for the 2021-22 Leaders for the Future fellowship!
- Congratulations to Associate Professor Kyle Crabtree for receiving the Laboratory Astrophysics Early Career Award from the American Astronomical Society!
- Professor Shota Atsumi recently become a member of the Carbon Utilization committee at the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Professor Xi Chen's research has been highlighted in a ChemistryWorld article on the science of human milk.
- Professor Mark Mascal has been named to the prestigious Jefferson Science Fellows program, and will spend one year in Washington D.C. advising the U.S. Department of State on matters of sustainability.
- The Britt Lab has recently published two collaborative papers in Nature Chemistry. The first paper sheds new light on the biosynthesis mechanism of the nitrogenase cofactor. The second paper describes the first-ever report of a benzene dianion in the triplet state.
- Assistant Professor Jesús Velázquez has been awarded the 2021 Stanford R. Ovshinsky Sustainable Energy Fellowship from the APS; congratulations!!
- The Department of Energy has awarded a research grant to study thermoelectric clathrates for energy conversion led by Associate Professor Davide Donadio. Congratulations, Davide!
- Assistant Professor Dylan Murray has been awarded a NIH Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (MIRA); congratulations!!
- The startup company Delix has raised $70 million in Series A funding to bring psychedelic analogues for mental illness treatment discovered in Associate Professor David Olson's lab to the market!
- Congratulations to Professors Susan Kauzlarich, Carlito Lebrilla, and Philip Power for winning prestigious awards from the ACS at the national level!
- Assistant Professor Jesus Velazquez has been named to the Chemical & Engineering News Talented Twelve. Congratulations! (For more information see the announcement from the college of L&S).
- Erin Doherty (Beal Lab) was just notified that she will be receiving an NIH F31 Ruth L. Kirschstein Predoctoral Individual National Research Service Award, a highly prestigious, nationally competitive pre-doctoral fellowhship from the NIH. Congratulations!
- Assistant Professor Marie Heffern has won an NSF CAREER award for her proposal titled "CAREER: Elucidating the Interaction Dynamics of Soil Metals with Flavonoids in the Plant Rhizosphere". Congratulations!
- The 2021 Paul Saltman Young Investigator Awardees are Assistant Professor Marie Heffern and former Britt lab postdoc Dan Suess (currently Assistant Professor at MIT). This prestigious award is given in honor of Paul Saltman, a pioneer in understanding the roles of metals in human health, and comes with an Award Lecture at the Metals in Biology Gordon Research Conference. Congratulations!!
- Distinguished Professor Emeritus Bill Jackson has received the National Science Board's Public Service Award in recognition of his leadership in chemistry research as well as being a mentor and advocate for increasing minority participation in science. Congratulations and well deserved!
Be sure to check out the fantastic tour on Instagram Live that Dr. Bryan Enderle recently gave of the Chemistry department, what a great way to share our space and campus.
A Radical Relay Mechanism for HydG from quantum chemistry calculations
Wang and Britt lab research published in Biochemistry