- Professor Jacquelyn Gervay-Hague's research on tea, the links between growth conditions and tea-plant quality, and their metabolic processes and interactions with soil microorganisms is highlighted in Nature.
- The Rett Syndrome Research Trust has awarded Professor Pete Beal $563,870 to support his research on directed editing of MeCP2 mutations associated with Rett Syndrome.
- The UC Office of the President has awarded $270,000 to The California Magnetic Resonance eXploration Initiative, which aims to develop a facility using magnetic resonance spectroscopy to study all the atoms in the Periodic Table. Professor David Britt is a co-PI on this collaboration that spans seven UC campuses.
- Distinguished Professor of Chemistry Carlito Lebrilla is one of 10 UC Davis faculty members newly elected as fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- The department mourns the loss of Professor Emeritus Håkon Hope, who passed away on Nov. 22, 2018. Professor Hope was a part of our department for 53 years. Professor Hope's obituary is published in the Davis Enterprise.
- ChemistryViews magazine has a feature article on recently published research in the Berben Lab. The article is titled "Aluminum Complex for Improved Ammonia Generation".
- Congratulations to Professor David Olson who has been named a UC Davis Hellman Fellow for 2018-19!
- Graduate student Kabian Ritter (Velazquez Lab) has been awarded the Richard and Joy Dorf Engineering Fellowship.
Thermodynamics of H₂O and CO₂ Absorption and Guest-induced Phase Transitions in Zeolite RHO
Research from the Navrotsky Lab published in J. Phys. Chem. C.Learn More