March 19: The Governor of the State of California has ordered all California residents to stay at their place of residence to the maximum extent possible, until further notice.
March 18: According to campus directives, all Spring Quarter instruction will be offered online. Researchers are expected to ramp down noncritical, on-site research activities.
- Congratulations to Jayashri Viswanathan, currently an undergraduate researcher in the Olson Lab, for winning the prestigious Barry Goldwater Scholarship!
- Dr. Tracy Caldwell Dyson, a NASA astronaut and Chemistry Ph.D., was featured in a NASA tweet describing life in isolation on the Space Station.
- Professor Justin Siegel's startup company, PvP Biologics, has been acquired by Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Professor Delmar Larsen for being awarded a California Education Learning Lab Innovation Grant award of up to $1,000,000!
- Congratulations to Associate Professor Davide Donadio for receiving the 2019 Scialog Collaborative Innovation Award!
- Congratulations to Dr. Lizhi Tao and the RD Britt laboratory on their new Nature paper with Edward Sargent’s lab in Toronto, Molecular Tuning of CO2-to-ethylene conversion!
- Assistant Professor Jesús Velázquez is a recipient of the 2020 Cottrell Scholar award, which includes $100,000 in funding towards research and education. Congratulations!
- Assistant Professor of Teaching Chemistry Ozcan Gulacar has been selected as a Fulbright Specialist in Chemical Education.
- Distinguished Professor and director of the CalEPR Center R. David Britt has been elected Fellow of the International Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (EPR) Society.
- Professor Justin Siegel, faculty director for the Innovation Institute for Food and Health, outlined his vision for a food science technology incubator in Sacramento in UC Davis magazine.
- Graduate student Robert van Ostrand (David Lab) was recognized as the Honoree Veteran and received the Crown Royal Award at the Sacramento Kings' Salute to Service Night.
- Professors Carlito Lebrilla, Oliver Fiehn and Heike Wulff are among 17 UC Davis faculty recognized as Highly Cited Researchers by Web of Science, a distinction given to fewer than 0.1% of the world's researchers. Congratulations!
- The inaugural UC Davis Inorganic Chemistry symposium was held on November 7, 2019 featuring 5 invited speakers and an undergraduate/graduate student poster session. With over 120 students, postdocs, faculty, alumni and industry scientists in attendance, the symposium was a resounding success!
- Graduate student Sommer Johansen (Crabtree Lab) won the 2019 Rao Prize and the inaugural Snyder Award at the International Symposium on Molecular Spectroscopy for her talk on the rotational spectrum of the cyanovinyl radical. Congratulations Sommer!
- Bryan Enderle has been awarded for Excellence in Teaching by the College of Letters and Science; congratulations!
Thermoelectric composite with improved mechanical and transport properties
New Kauzlarich lab research published in ACS Applied Energy Materials