- The Rett Syndrome Research Trust has awarded Professor Pete Beal $563,870 to support his research on directed editing of MeCP2 mutations associated with Rett Syndrome.
- The UC Office of the President has awarded $270,000 to The California Magnetic Resonance eXploration Initiative, which aims to develop a facility using magnetic resonance spectroscopy to study all the atoms in the Periodic Table. Professor David Britt is a co-PI on this collaboration that spans seven UC campuses.
- Distinguished Professor of Chemistry Carlito Lebrilla is one of 10 UC Davis faculty members newly elected as fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- The department mourns the loss of Professor Emeritus Håkon Hope, who passed away on Nov. 22, 2018. Professor Hope was a part of our department for 53 years. Professor Hope's obituary is published in the Davis Enterprise.
- ChemistryViews magazine has a feature article on recently published research in the Berben Lab. The article is titled "Aluminum Complex for Improved Ammonia Generation".
- Congratulations to Professor David Olson who has been named a UC Davis Hellman Fellow for 2018-19!
- "Grant to Expand Free STEM Textbook Project" from UC Davis News and Information. The U.S. Department of Education awarded a $4.9 million grant to support free and open-source educational science and technology resources, led by Professor Delmar Larsen and the LibreTexts Project.
- Graduate student Kabian Ritter (Velazquez Lab) has been awarded the Richard and Joy Dorf Engineering Fellowship.
NMR studies of aqueous silicate complexes at gigapascal pressures
Research from the Casey Lab published in Communications Chemistry