- Professor Justin Siegel, faculty director for the Innovation Institute for Food and Health, outlined his vision for a food science technology incubator in Sacramento in UC Davis magazine.
- A Velazquez Lab publication has been selected in the Royal Society of Chemistry's themed collection "International Year of the Periodic Table : Single Atoms as Active Catalysts".
- Graduate student Robert van Ostrand (David Lab) was recognized as the Honoree Veteran and received the Crown Royal Award at the Sacramento Kings' Salute to Service Night.
- Professor Pete Beal is named as the featured member of the Oligonucleotide Therapeutics Society for the month of November. Click here to read the featured member interview.
- Professors Carlito Lebrilla, Oliver Fiehn and Heike Wulff are among 17 UC Davis faculty recognized as Highly Cited Researchers by Web of Science, a distinction given to fewer than 0.1% of the world's researchers. Congratulations!
- The inaugural UC Davis Inorganic Chemistry symposium was held on November 7, 2019 featuring 5 invited speakers and an undergraduate/graduate student poster session. With over 120 students, postdocs, faculty, alumni and industry scientists in attendance, the symposium was a resounding success!
- Assistant Professor of Teaching Chemistry Ozcan Gulacar has won the 2019 ACS Committee on Environmental Improvement award for incorporating sustainability into chemical education. Congratulations!
- Graduate student Sommer Johansen (Crabtree Lab) won the 2019 Rao Prize and the inaugural Snyder Award at the International Symposium on Molecular Spectroscopy for her talk on the rotational spectrum of the cyanovinyl radical. Congratulations Sommer!
- Dr. Shunda Chen (Donadio Group) has been awarded 2019 UC Davis Award for Excellence in Postdoctoral Research.
- Bryan Enderle has been awarded for Excellence in Teaching by the College of Letters and Science; congratulations!
Thermoelectric composite with improved mechanical and transport properties
New Kauzlarich lab research published in ACS Applied Energy Materials