UC Davis Chemistry
- Graduate student Jackson Zhu (Kurth Lab) has been selected to receive the Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Mentoring Undergraduate Research.
- Graduate student Daniel Speer (Gervay-Hague Lab) has been selected to receive seed funding from the Environmental Health Sciences Center for his research on the effects of climate change on seagrasses.
- Distinguished Professor R. David Britt has been named the 2019 Bioinorganic Chemistry Award Winner from the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Postdoctoral scholar Jarett Wilcoxen (Britt Lab) has accepted a faculty position at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- Undergraduate students Virginia Johnson (Koski Lab) and Karina Targos (Franz Lab) have been awarded NSF Graduate Research Fellowships.
- Undergraduate student Alex Pell (Olson Lab) has been awarded an ACS Division of Organic Chemistry Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship.
- The following students were awarded at the 2019 R. Bryan Miller Symposium:
- R. Bryan Miller Graduate Summer Research Fellowship: Wanqing Li (Chen Lab)
- Francesca Undergraduate Summer Research Award: Madeline Bright (David Lab)
- Best Poster Award (Grad) - Kevin Pham (Beal Lab)
- Best Poster Award (Undergrad) - Alex Pell (Olson Lab)
- Chemical Science Poster Book Award, Royal Society of Chemistry - Jayashiri Viswanathan (Olson Lab)
- Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry Poster Book Award, Royal Society of Chemistry - Lee Dunlap (Olson Lab)
- "Open-access chemistry textbooks gain popularity" from C&EN highlights the work of Professor Delmar Larsen who heads the LibreTexts consortium, a Wikipedia-style alternative to costly college textbooks.
DMT Microdosing Produces Antidepressant and Anxiolytic Effects
Research from the Olson Lab published in ACS Chemical NeuroscienceLearn More