- Professor Shota Atsumi has been awarded part of a successful Emerging Frontiers in Research and Innovation (EFRI) grant from the NSF that focuses on developing composite materials of engineered cells encapsulated within a polymeric matrix. Congratulations!
- Check out this article about the Davis Science Café - a monthly conversation between scientists and the public originally founded by Professor Jared Shaw in 2010 and still going strong today.
- Congratulations to David Olson for a recent C&E News article regarding his lab's research related to how psychedelic compounds stimulate neuronal growth.
- Professor Emeritus Bill Jackson, a founding member of the National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers (NOBCChE), is featured in a Chemical & Engineering News article marking the 50th anniversary of the organization.
- Professors Annaliese Franz and Frank Osterloh are among the group of eight UC Davis faculty who were elected to the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) this year. Congratulations!
- Cheers to David Olson for being named a 2023 Chancellor's Fellow!
- Congratulations to Jesús M. Velázquez for winning the 2023 Sloan Research Fellowship!
- Cheers to Professor R. David Britt who recently was named the 2023 ACS National Award recipient of the Alfred Bader Award in Bioinorganic or Bioorganic Chemistry!
- Professor R. David Britt has been named a Visiting Miller Professor by the Miller Institute for Basic Research in Science at UC Berkeley!
- Congratulations to Associate Professor Justin Siegel on being elected to the National Academy of Inventors!
- UC Davis Graduate Studies recently named nine College of Letters and Science faculty as recipients of 2022 Graduate Program Advising and Mentoring Awards, including Associate Professor Kyle Crabtree of Chemistry! Congrats!
- Professors Jesús M. Velázquez and Louise A. Berben are part of the newly established Carbon Capture and Conversion Center, a multicampus grant with more than $10M in funding from the U.S. Department of Energy under its Energy Frontiers Research Center program, with more about the annoucment here.
- Professor Dean Tantillo was named as one of the Arthur C. Cope Scholar Award recipients, part of the 2023 American Chemical Society Awards announced in C&E News. Cheers!
- Congratulations to Professor Dean Tantillo for being awarded a 2022 ADVANCE Scholars Award! This program recognizes two faculty who advance diverse perspectives and gender equity in STEM through their teaching, research and service.
- Shoutout to Dr. Hoby Wedler (B.A., history, B.S., chemistry, '11; Ph.D., chemistry, '16) who was recently profiled by Forbes magazine for his innovative ways to improve food and beverages and open doors for people with disabilities!
- We are excited to welcome Dr. Elizabeth Neumann as a new Assistant Professor in our department in the field of Analytical Chemistry!
- Professor David Goodin is the new Department Chair. Many thanks to Dave for taking on this important responsibility!
- Cheers to Dr. Davide Donadio on being promoted to Full Professor!
- Shoutout to Jessica Ortiz-Rodriguez (Velázquez Lab) for sharing her story and the significance of mentorship within the Chemistry department. Read the full article here!
- Ashlee Hauble (Kauzlarich Lab) has won the graduate student poster prize for Solid State Chemistry in the ACS Inorganic Chemistry Division. Congratulations!
Mechanism of Psychedelic-Induced Neuroplasticity
In a recent publication in Science, the Olson Lab used chemical and molecular tools to elucidate the mechanism of psychedelic-induced neuroplasticity.