- Graduate student Robert Van Ostrand (David Lab) has created a video that introduces Chemistry for Life Sciences, a new undergraduate course which emphasizes interactive learning.
- Distinguished Professor R. David Britt has been selected as the first Chemistry Department recipient of the new NIH R35 MIRA - Maximizing Investigators' Research Award, which provides five years of funding for his group’s research on metalloenzyme reaction mechanisms using electron paramagnetic resonance and other spectroscopic tools.
- Undergraduate student David Dominguez-Aguilar (Koski Lab) has been awarded Special Merit at the CAMP Statewide Undergraduate Research Symposium. Alma Perez (Franz Lab) and Matthew Culberson (Shaw Lab) received Honorable Mention.
- Professor Shota Atsumi has been named a Chancellor's Fellow, a program that provides philanthropic support to early career faculty members.
- Professor Marie Heffern was recently inducted as a CAMPOS Faculty Scholar, a program recognizing "exceptional scientists in a STEM discipline."
- Professors Bill Casey and Jared Shaw have been newly elected as 2017 Fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Structure elucidation of biologically important metabolites
Research highlight from the Fiehn LabLearn More