R. Bryan Miller Summer Graduate Fellowship
The R. Bryan Miller Summer Graduate Fellowship will include 1 month of summer support and a monetary prize. The award can only be used for summer support 2020 and cannot be transferred to support during Fall (or later) quarter. If the top-ranked student has support for the summer already (in the form of another fellowship or an internship), the next highest ranked student will be given the fellowship. Both Faculty and the students must acknowledge that they are aware of the restrictions of the fellowship as a contingency for consideration for the fellowship. The award is also contingent upon presentation of a poster at the Miller Symposium (March 5 & 6).
The fellowship is open to all graduate students at UCD doing research related to the topics of the symposium. Previous winners are not eligible. Applications are reviewed externally from the symposium by a designated Graduate Studies committee.
- Prepare a brief (one- to two-page) description of your current and proposed research.
- Provide a copy of your transcript and CV.
- Request two recommendation letters from faculty members familiar with your research (one must be from your research advisor). The letter from the PI must state that they are aware that this fellowship can only be used for summer support.
- A cover letter from the student should include a statement that they are aware that this will only cover summer support and that at this time they do not have another fellowship to cover the summer stipend. If other fellowships are awarded in the meantime, the student will be unable to accept the Miller fellowship.
- Applicants for the R. Bryan Miller Summer Graduate Fellowship must also submit an abstract for the poster session for the R.B. Miller Symposium (Thursday March 5, 4-7 PM). The award is contingent upon presenting at the poster session. Submit your abstract to the poster session and include a copy in the application.
- Application materials must be submitted to Emily Atkinson, firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file by Thursday, February 13. Letters of recommendation should be emailed separately.