Electronic Waste (E-Waste)

The term "E-Waste" is loosely applied to consumer and business electronic equipment that is near or at the end of its "useful life."  Many of these products require special care for disposal and, by California law, are banned from the trash.

A "small e-waste" collection bin is located in the North Lobby of the Chemistry Building. Our Machine Shop accepts large, University-owned e-waste; please submit a request online (Chemistry Salvage and E-Waste). Certain e-waste items, like large toner cartridges, may be sent back to the manufacturer or intercampus to "Mail Services - Recycle."


Small E-Waste for North Lobby Collection Bin

  • Batteries
  • Small electronics and cords
  • CDs
  • DVDs
  • Toner and inkjet cartridges
  • Cell phones

Large Items for "Chemistry Salvage and E-Waste" (non-functioning electronics)

  • Desktop and laptop computers
  • Monitors and keyboards
  • Phones
  • Printers and faxes
  • Projectors
  • TVs and VCR/DVD players

Functioning Electronics

Aggie Surplus will determine the marketability of an item. Acceptance of items is subject to space availability and the current stock on hand. They also accept furniture.

  • Appliances
  • Computers
  • Cords and cables
  • Faxes and scanners
  • Keyboards and mice
  • Miscellaneous electronics (i.e. PDAs, cell phones, projectors)
  • Monitors
  • Printer cartridges (new)
  • Printers and copiers
  • Servers

The Aggie Reuse Store (located behind the Bike Barn) also accepts donations of functioning electronics. Submit an online form if you have something to donate, and a representative will contact you.