The tutors listed below, in no particular order, are graduate students or postdocs in the Department of Chemistry. All tutoring arrangements are strictly between you and your tutor. The Department takes no responsibility for the quality of the tutoring experience.
Graduate Student Tutors
- 2 series, 118 series, 8 series
- I am a third year Ph.D. student in the Dept of Chemistry. I have TA'ed and tutored for these courses over the last two years and love to help students understand more and more about chemistry!
- CHE 2 series, CHE 8 series, CHE 118 series
- I'm a 2nd year graduate student in chem department. 4 year tutoring experience in chemistry. Undergraduate ACS excellence awardee in organic chemistry. Please contact me if interested.
$40/hr for individual (one-off) sessions, $30/hr for weekly sessions (group rates negotiable)
- CHE002 ABC
- 3+ years experience as a Chemistry graduate student TA in all parts of the Chem 2 series, as both section TA and head TA. Availability starting in February.
- 8A, 8B, 118A, 118B, 118C
- I have been a TA for the past 4 years at UC Davis since 2014. I have been a TA for 2C, 8A, 8B, 118A, 118B, 118C, 128A, 128B, and 135. I love organic chemistry and I like teaching a lot; its a lot of fun. Please get in contact with me if you need some help! My website: https://versal.com/c/lzv2hr/organic-chemistry-companion
60, negotiable esp for groups
- Chem 2, Chem 8, Chem 118, MAT16-22
- 3rd year Chemistry Ph.D. student. Contact me for more details.
- CHE 8A and CHE 8B
- I'm a fourth year PhD candidate chemistry graduate student. I have TA for CHEM 8B, CHEM 118B and CHEM 118C. I have over six years of tutoring experience. Please contact me if you would like some extra help with organic chemistry!
$35 per hour
- 118 series, 2 series
- I have been a TA for 8A, 118C, 128A, 2A, 2C, 107B and currently I'm a TA for 118A. I have a masters in Organic chemistry and a lot of experience in tutoring Ochem and would be happy to help with understanding concepts and problem-solving
- 2ABC, 8AB
- 4th year grad student in chemistry. I have been a TA for both general and organic chemistry. 5+ years experience tutoring undergraduate and high school chemistry.
$35/hour, Group rates available by email
- CHE 2ABC, 8A, 107AB, 110ABC
- I'm a 3rd year PhD student in physical chemistry with 6+ years tutoring experience - send me an email and I'd love to see if I can help you! No long term commitments needed - I'm more than happy to do anything from a single test review session to regular tutoring.
$30/hr, group rates negotiable
- 2B/C, 8A/B, 118A/B/C, 128A/B
- I've taught general chemistry for 3 quarters and organic chemistry for 2, sometimes teaching them both concurrently! I'm an aspiring educator, so teaching and tutoring are what I'm good at and like to do. My emphasis will be not on just providing answers, but instead on helping you develop the critical thinking skills you need to be successful in chemistry courses present and future.
- Chem 2 & 8 series
- 5th year graduate student specializing in inorganic research. I have 5 years of experience teaching and tutoring in chem 2 and 8 series.
- CHE 2,8 and 118 Series
- I am a 3rd year Chemistry PhD student in the Chemical Biology track. I have 2+ years of tutoring experience from undergrad and graduate school. Please feel free to contact me if you need help with any general, organic or biochemistry.
$30/hr, group rates available
- 2B, 8A, 8B, 118A, 118B, 118C, 128A, 128B, 128C, 129A, 129B.
- I am a first year, organic-track graduate student that TA'd general and organic chemistry at my undergraduate institution for two years and am now currently TAing for 2A (currently unavailable for 2A tutoring).
35$/hr- Group rates available by email
- 118 Series (A,B,C)
- I am a 3rd year Organic Chemistry Ph.D candidate. I have been teaching organic chemistry for the past 3 years here at UC Davis. I also used to teach organic chemistry for another 2 years in my previous school back in Illinois while I was obtaining my Master's degree. If you struggle with your organic courses, I will be happy to help you out!
$40/hr (individual); $25/person/hr (group, 2+)
- 8AB, 118ABC, 128ABC
- I am a 5th year organic chemistry PhD student. I have 4.5 years of experience teaching organic chemistry classes and labs (118BC, 128ABC, 231A). I will be happy to give you a hand breaking down organic chemistry and focusing on learning rather than memorization.
$35/hr (individual); $50/person/hr (group, 2+)
- 118A/B/C, CHE 2A/B/C, CHE 8
- I am a PhD student in synthetic organic chemistry in the shaw lab. I have been tutoring chemistry for four years and have been a TA for both general and organic chemistry.
$35/hr (individual); $50/person/hr (group, 2+)
- CHE 2A/B/C, CHE 8, 118A/B/C
- I am a 3rd year Chemistry PhD student in the Chemical Biology track. I have taught a number of undergraduate and upper division chemistry courses and will be happy to help you with any of your tutoring needs!