The tutors listed below, in no particular order, are graduate students or postdocs in the Department of Chemistry. All tutoring arrangements are strictly between you and your tutor. The Department takes no responsibility for the quality of the tutoring experience.
Graduate Student Tutors
- 2 series, 118 series, 8 series
- I am a third year Ph.D. student in the Dept of Chemistry. I have TA'ed and tutored for these courses over the last two years and love to help students understand more and more about chemistry!
50/hr, negotiable (esp for group tutoring)
- Chem 2, Chem 8, Chem 118 series, and all the other Chem courses like 124
- 3rd year Chemistry Ph.D. student. Contact me for more details.
- Chem 2A/B/C, 8A, 118A
- I am a fourth year graduate student with an organic chemistry emphasis. I have TAed for 118B, 128A, and 135, and I have tutored for all of the 2 series, 8A and B, and 118A and B. I was an instructor for general chemistry for 1 year before graduate school.
- CHE 2 series, organic series
- Graduate student in chem department. 4 year tutoring experience in chemistry. Won undergraduate ACS excellence award in organic chemistry.
- CHE 2ABC, CHE 8AB, CHE 118ABC, BIS 102
- I am a 5th year PhD student in biological chemistry and I have been a TA/tutor at UC Davis for 3 years now (2A, 2B, 2C, 118A and 118B). I have also taught organic chemistry labs for 2 years before coming to UC Davis. I will be glad to help with your chemistry questions
- CHE 8A, 8B, 118A, 118B
- I'm a fourth year PhD candidate chemistry graduate student. I have TA for CHEM 8B, CHEM 118B and CHEM 118C. I have over six years of tutoring experience. Please contact me if you would like some extra help with organic chemistry!
$30 per hour
- CHE 118C, CHE 2A, CHE 2C
- I have been a TA for the chemistry courses 2A, 2C, 118C, 107B and I'm currently a TA for 8A and 128A. My track and experience is organic chemistry and I'd be glad to help you out with problem solving and concepts!
- 2A, 2B, 110A
- I'm a 4th year grad student in physical chemistry, and have taught 110A in the past. I've tutored the 2 series for the last year.
- 2A, 2B, 2C
- 2+ years teaching experience.
- CHE2A, CHE8AB, CHE118ABC, CHE128ABC, CHE131, CHE135
- 8 years of teaching experience in organic chemistry and 3 years experience as a chemistry lecturer and exam writer. Find more about me on Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=YLuAO4kAAAAJ
- 8A, 8B, 118A, 118B, 118C, 2A
- I am a 5th year graduate student on the organic track. I have taught 2A, 118B and 135. I have tutored for the last 5 years and can understand how overwhelming these classes can be. Please contact me if you need a little extra help!
- 2A/B/C, 3A/B/C, and 104
- I am a 4th year chemistry graduate student. I have several years of TA experience in the 2 series and look forward to helping you!
- CHE 118A-C
- 1 year
$45/hr for individual sessions and $30/hr for groups (2+ people). Availability is preferable for afternoons on Mondays-Fridays starting at 4 PM or later, but arrangements can also be made.
- CHE 8A, 8B, 118A, 118B, 118C
- I have been a TA for organic chemistry at UC Davis for 4 years since 2014. I have helped teach CHE 2C, 8A-B (several times), 118A-C (several times), 128A-B, and 135. I am willing to help as long as the student makes the effort as well. I have decent ratings as a TA, and as a TA I have gone above and beyond the duty to help my students because its fun! I have a website that I created specifically for one of my classes and I am in the process of updating it for future students to use.
- 2C, 8AB
- 5th year graduate student specializing in inorganic chemistry. Along with 5 years of graduate school, I've had 5 years of teaching and tutoring in the chemistry program here.
- 2ABC, 8AB
- 4th year grad student in chemistry. I have been a TA for both general and organic chemistry. 5+ years experience tutoring undergraduate and high school chemistry.
- 2A, 2B, 2C, 8A, 8B, 118A, 118B, 118C
- I am a first year, organic-track graduate student that TA'd general and organic chemistry at my undergraduate institution for two years and am now currently TAing for 2A. I have a series of worksheets for both general and organic chemistry that I have created and used in teaching my students at my college that have been incredibly helpful to reinforce learning.
$30/hr, group rates available
- 107 A/B, 110 A/B/C
- I'm a 4th year physical chemistry PhD candidate with 5+ years of tutoring experience. I've TAed 110A, 110B, and several graduate physical chemistry courses, and was awarded Outstanding TA the past two years.
$30/hour, Group rates available by email
- CHE 2ABC, 8A, 107AB, 110ABC
- I'm a 3rd PhD student in physical chemistry with 6+ years tutoring experience - send me an email and I'd love to see if I can help you! No long term commitments needed - I'm more than happy to do anything from a single test review session to regular tutoring.
- 118 Series (A,B,C)
- I am a Chemistry Ph.D candidate, organic track. I have been teaching organic chemistry for the past 2+ years here at UC Davis. I also used to teach organic chemistry for 2 years in my previous school in Illinois, before coming to UC Davis. If you struggle with your organic courses, I will be happy to help you out!