The tutors listed below, in no particular order, are graduate students or postdocs in the Department of Chemistry. All tutoring arrangements are strictly between you and your tutor. The Department takes no responsibility for the quality of the tutoring experience.
Peer tutoring is also available at no charge for select upper division courses.
Graduate Student Tutors
$20 per hour
- Organic chemistry, 8A,8B,118A,118B and 118 C
- I have extensive teaching experience in organic chemistry, I have tutored not only in US but also in Germany. I have a strong knowledge is both theory and practical organic chemistry. I have tutored all mentioned organic chemistry courses for over 8 years and also I was the TA for those courses for 5 years in US .
- CHE 2ABC, CHE 8AB, CHE 118ABC, BIS 102
- I am a 4th year PhD student in biological chemistry and I have been a TA/tutor at UC Davis for 3 years now (2A, 2B, 2C, 118A and 118B). I have also taught organic chemistry labs for 2 years before coming to UC Davis. I will be glad to help with your chemistry questions
$30/hr, group rates available by email
- 2A/B/C, 8A/B, 118A
- I am a third year graduate student with an organic chemistry emphasis. I have TAed for 118B and 128A, and I have tutored for all of the 2 series, 8A and B, and 118A and B. I was an instructor for general chemistry for 1 year before graduate school.
Robert Van Ostrand
- CHE 2A/B/C, CHE 3A/B, CHE 8A/B, CHE 118 A/B/C, CHE 128 A/B/C, CHE 135, BIS 102, BIS 103
- I’m a 2nd year Chemistry Ph.D. graduate student, Bio-organic Track, with four years of experience tutoring and teaching chemistry and biology. I am passionate about science and want to help you in pursuit of your degree, it can be a struggle and I understand that, please contact me if you would like to schedule time.
- 110A, 105, 115, 2ABC
- 3rd year physical chemistry graduate student. I've TA'd for these courses more than once. Currently a 110B TA. 5+ years of TA experience
- Chemistry and Physics: CHE 2ABC, 107AB, 110ABC
- Biophysics Ph.D., B.S. Biochemistry. Ask for details. Science is fun when you understand it. Allow me to pass that on to you.
$40/hr, negotiable for group
- Chem 2A, 2B, 2C, 118A
- 2nd year Ph.D. student in inorganic Chemistry. Contact me for more details.
- I have been a TA for CHE 2A, CHE 2C, CHE 118C.
- Chem 2 series, Chem 8A/8B. Math 17/21
- Experienced in tutorial for general chem and organic chem series as well as calculus course
$30/hr; Groups negotiable.
- CHE 2A, 2B, 2C, 124A
- 3rd year graduate student with 5+ years of experience tutoring general chemistry. I'm very patient and eager to help!
- 2 series, 8 series
- 3rd year grad student. I have been a TA for both general and organic chemistry. 5 years experience tutoring undergraduate and high school chemistry.
- 2A/B/C and 3A/B
- 3rd year chemistry Ph.D candidate. I have TA'ed several quarters of the 2 series and am TAing CHE3A this quarter. Additionally, I have tutored chemistry for over 5 years. I look forward to helping you out!
- Chem 2 series
- I'm a 4th year graduate student researching inorganic chemistry. I've spent the last 4 years helping students in the chem 2 and 8 series by both teaching and tutoring.
- 118 series, 8 series and 2A
- I am a 4th year organic chemistry graduate student. As a graduate student at UC Davis, I have tutored 118A-C, 8A-8B and 2A-2B. I have experience as a TA in 118B and 2A. I understand how stressful these courses can be. If you need a little help in general or organic chemistry contact me!
- 118A/B, 8A/B
- Fourth year Ph.D canidate emphasizing in organic chemistry. 4+ years tutoring, have been a TA for Dr. Lievens several times. Email me to set up an appointment!
$20/hr for CHE2B; $25/h for others
- CHE2B, Analytical, Inorganic and Physical Chem
- I am third year grad student. I have TAed for CHE2A, 2B, 2C honor, 105, 110B, 205.
All tutoring sessions are held in the Physical Science and Engineering Library (Area 1, Basement Level). Our peer tutors have previously taken these courses and have the permission of our current instructors to assist you. Tutoring sessions are free and open to all. (Fall Quarter 2017)
- CHE 107A - Gabriela Mackey
- CHE 118A - Wenjing "Iris" Zhang
- CHE 118A/C - Sally Burke
- CHE 124A - Chiaohwei Lee
- CHE 128A - William Nefzger
- CHE 128C - Alma Perez
- William: 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Gabby: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Alma: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Chiaohwei: 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Sally: 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- William: 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Wenjing "Iris": 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Alma: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Chiaohwei: 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM and 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM