Education, Awards and Professional Highlights
- Phi Beta Kappa Award for Teaching Excellence (2006)
- Executive Secretary, UC Cancer Research Coordinating Committee (1999)
- Distinguished Teaching Award (1989)
- Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar (1981-1985)
- Magnar Ronning Award, Teaching Excellence (1979)
- Appointed to faculty, UC Davis (1976)
- NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship (1974-1976)
- Ph.D. Columbia University (1973)
- Louis P. Hammett Award (1973)
- NSF and NIH Predoctoral fellowships (1969-1973)
- B.A. University of Pennsylvania (1969)
- Varela, M. C., S. M. Dixon, M. D. Price, J. E. Merit, P. E. Berget, S, Shiraki, M. J. Kurth and N. E. Schore. 2007. Comparison of enantioselective reductions using bead and monolith 'disk' polymer formulations of CBS catalysts. Tetrahedron, 63, in press.
- Hok, S. and N. E. Schore. 2006. Synthesis of 2-arylcycloalka-2,4-dienones using sulfone-based methodology. J. Org. Chem., 71, 1736.
- Berget, P. E. and N. E. Schore. 2006. Recycling titanocene dichloride from the Petasis methylenation reaction. Organometallics, 25, 552.
- Berget, P. E. and N. E. Schore. 2005. Catalytically active, recyclable polymeric. Titanocene disks: a batch-flow reactor. Tet. Lett., 46, 8869.
- Song, Y., R. E. Haddad, S.-L. Jia, S. Hok, M. M. Olmstead, D. J. Nurco, N. E. Schore, J. Zhang, J.-G. Ma, K. M. Smith, S. Gazeau, J. Pécaut, J.-C. Marchon, C. J. Medforth and J. A. Shelnett. 2005. Energetics and structural consequences of axial ligand coordination in nonplanar nickel porphyrins. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 127, 1179.
- Ockey, D.A., M.A. Lewis and N.E. Schore. 2003. A short synthesis of (±)-tecomanine via a Pauson-Khand-based route. Tetrahedron, 58, 5377.
- Price, M.D., J.K. Sui, M.J. Kurth and N.E. Schore. 2002. Oxazaborolidenes as functional monomers: ketone reduction using polymer-supported CBS catalysts. J. Org. Chem., 67, 8086.
- Price, M.D., M.J. Kurth and N.E. Schore. 2002. Comparison of solid phase and solution phase chiral auxiliaries in the alkylation/iodolactonization sequence to ?-butyrolactones. J. Org. Chem., 67, 7769.
- Hok, S., J. Vassilian and N.E. Schore. 2002. Catalytically active, recyclable zirconocene supported at crosslinks within porous polymer disks. Org. Lett., 4, 2365.
- Cutter, P.S., R.B. Miller and N.E. Schore. 2002. Synthesis of Protoberberines using a silyl-directed Pictet-Spengler cyclization. Tetrahedron, 58, 1471.