Document printing to both Xeroxes is possible from Campus Wireless, as well as Department Wired connections. Note: You cannot print to the Xerox Printers if you are connected to the Library's Pluse Secure VPN. Here are the instructions for adding the printers to your computer:
Windows 7 and Later
- Open Control Panel and select the Devices and Printers Panel
- Select "Add a printer"
- Select "The printer I want isn't listed"
- Select a shared printer by name and enter http://chem-cups.ucdavis.edu:631/printers/Xerox_Printers as the address
- Use Xerox Workcentre 5700 Series Class Driver for the driver. You may need to select "Windows Update" to find that driver.
Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard and Later
- Posters must be in PDF, Powerpoint, or Postscript format. If you have another format, please stop by our office and speak with us
- You must let us know what program you created the file with, as well as what Operating System (Mac, Windows, Linux, etc) it was created with. If you use multiple Operating Systems, please make sure all fonts look as expected on your final revision.
- One dimension of the poster (either length or width) must be less than 42”. Margins of .5” on either side mean the printing surface is actually 41”. Please note that previews printed on laser printers may not accurately reflect what is printed by the poster printer.
- We do not cut posters after printing. If you would like your poster to print without any white space, one edge must be 42 inches (either length or width)
- Please make sure your poster is set to the size you want it printed at in the properties. Note that Powerpoint has a max side length of 56".
- We need both a recharge number and a PI in order to print. We cannot take cash, check, or electronic forms of payment.
- We charge $5 per linear foot for white backgrounds and $10 per linear foot for colored backgrounds. For canvas, we charge $10 per linear foot for white backgrounds and $15 per linear foot for colored backgrounds. We have to charge for reprints as well, so please make sure the poster appears exactly as you would like it to before sending it to us.
- Posters must be either brought in to the office, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Posters emailed directly to myself or Al will likely be delayed.
- Posters Typically take 1/2 hour to print. Larger posters ( > 10 MB ) can take up to 2 hours.
- Posters are printed in order through our ticketing system. We cannot provide exact estimates for how long your poster will take to print until we actually have your poster, since we cannot predict future poster loads.
You must be signed into Google with your Davismail account to download these license files
- Mestrelab's Mnova License
- Mestrelab's NMRPredict License
- Mestrelab's qNMR License
- Mestrelab's Reaction Monitoring License
To reserve the computer lab, please email email@example.com.
Please note, the maximum capacity of the computer lab set by the fire marshal is 16, including instructors.