- Faculty, staff and students on the Educational Outreach Committee and Chemistry Club performed four shows to "sold out" audiences in Rock Hall for Picnic Day. Under the leadership of Professor Kyle Crabtree, the EOC completely revamped the show this year to highlight how the chemistry demonstrations tied into the current research of faculty in our department.
- Graduate student Hoby Wedler (Tantillo Lab) was featured in a Nature story about early-career scientists who face physical challenges such as blindness, deafness or paralysis.
- UC Davis has been ranked as the #1 best value college for women in STEM by Forbes magazine, topping such heavyweights as Cornell and Johns Hopkins.
- A retirement symposium and reception in honor of Professor Marilyn Olmstead's more than 46 years of service to the University was held Friday, March 18th (PDF schedule). In lieu of a gift, please consider making a contribution to the newly established Marilyn M. Olmstead Student Excellence Award.
- "...Jackson Named Distinguished Emeriti" from UC Davis News and Information, recognizing Dr. Bill Jackson's "long history in fostering diversity in science" and "his continued commitment to the department and the university."
[ more News⇒ ]
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Undergraduate student Anna Johnston was selected as this year's recipient of the Adams Award for Leadership by the UC Davis Center for Student Involvement, recognizing her outstanding contributions as President of Chemistry Club.
- Graduate student Nova Tasnima (Chen Lab) was selected to receive a NSF EAPSI award (East Asia and Pacific Summer Institutes for U.S. Graduate Students) to conduct research in Taiwan this upcoming summer.
- Graduate student Juli-Anna Dolyniuk (Kovnir Lab) has won the 2016 Iota Sigma Pi Anna Louise Hoffman Award for Outstanding Achievement in Graduate Research. Iota Sigma Pi is a national honor society for women in chemistry, and the award is given to only one graduate student per year.
- "Navrotsky Wins Lifetime Achievement Award" from UC Davis News and Information.
- Graduate student Joya Cooley (Kauzlarich Lab) received Honorable Mention from the Ford Foundation Fellowship Program.
[ more Honors and Awards⇒ ]
We currently have no employment opportunities available within the department. Please check back often. For other jobs at UC Davis, please visit www.ucdavis.edu/jobs.
"The Department of Chemistry is committed to fostering a multicultural academic environment that supports the success of all members of our community, with the belief that this diversity strengthens and enriches our research, scholarship and teaching."
[ click for Resources⇒ ]