Tutors in Chemistry
- #1. Your current TA cannot be your tutor...
It is unallowable for a Graduate Student to tutor any student in a course which they are also TAing for in the immediate quarter. Should this occur, the graduate student and the undergraduate student will be promptly referred to Student Judicial Affairs.
For example: If you want a tutor for help in CHE 2A, you cannot be tutored by any graduate student who is currently TAing CHE2A.
- #2. Department disclaimer
All tutors listed are Department of Chemistry graduate students or affliated with the department in some other capacity. All tutoring arrangements and agreements are strictly between the student and the tutor. The Department of Chemistry takes no responsibility for the quality of any tutoring experience or arrangements.
Winter Quarter 2017
Below is the Winter Quarter 2017 Tutor list. The students are presented in no particular order.
- I'm a sixth-year organic chemistry graduate student at UC Davis. I've been TA-ing and tutoring for four years at UC Davis, teaching general chemistry and organic chemistry. I also graduated from UC Davis with a Bachelor degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Therefore I understand the material related to those chemistry courses. I could help you to understand the concepts and to do well in the exams/labs/homeworks
$30/hr, can negotiate multiple session or group discount
- Organic chemistry: 118ABC, 8AB
- Hello! I'm a 6th year organic chemistry Ph.D. student with TA experience in all non-major UC Davis organic classes. I enjoy helping students with study strategies, lab reports and practice problems and can provide customized handouts for your needs.
$40/hour (Group rates negotiable)
- 2A,B,C & ACT/SAT/AP Chem Prep & DHS Chem
- Qualified chemistry Ph.D. candidate with over 9+ years of tutoring experience. 5+ years of 2A/B/C teaching experience. I have helped students raise their grades from D to A.
$20 per hour
- 118 series, 8A and 2A
- I am a 3rd year organic chemistry graduate student. As a graduate student at UC Davis, I have tutored 118A-C, 8A and 2A. I have experience as a TA in 118B and 2A. I understand how stressful these courses can be. If you need a little help in general or organic chemistry contact me!
$25/hr. for individuals. $10/person for groups of 3+
- Che 2 series
- 3rd year grad student with an emphasis in inorganic chem. I've now had three years of teaching and tutoring in the Che 2 series. Am also familiar and able to help with organic chemistry.
- CHE 2A, 2B, 2C. CHE 118 A, B, C. CHE 8 A, B.
- I am a fifth year Ph.D candidate in Bio-organic Chemistry. I have TA and Head TA multiple undergraduate and graduate level classes. I also lectured some genchem and ochem classes. I am familiar with genchem and ochem cirriculum. I am patient, enthusiastic and easy to talk to. I am happy to solve all your chemistry questions and help you get a good grade.
- 2ABC, physical chemistry
- I have 3+ years of tutoring experience and 4+ years as a TA at UCD.
$25-30 per hour
- Chemistry and Physics: CHE 2ABC, 107AB, 110ABC
- Biophysics Ph.D. Candidate, B.S. Biochemistry. Ask for details. Science is fun when you understand it. Allow me to pass that on to you.
- Che 2, Che 110A, Che 110B
- 2nd year physical chemistry graduate student, 4+ years experience as a TA, previously a TA for 110A, 110B at Davis.
- 3 years of teaching the chem 2 series
30$ per hour (only individuals)
- 2A, 2B, 2C, 124A, 124B, 124C, 107A, 107B, 110A, 110B, 110C
- I am a postdoctoral researcher in an inorganic chemistry lab. I got my M.SC in analytical chemistry and PhD in physical-inorganic chemistry from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. Last Spring, I was the instructor of 124C at UCD (please look up my rating on "ratemyprofessor")and have experience teaching in general chemistry and physical chemistry courses to students in Hopkins and UC Davis.
- 2A, 2B, 2C, High School chemistry
- B.S. in Chemistry from the University of Oregon. Over three years experience in tutoring and a year TAing. Send me an email with any questions. I'd love to help!
- CHE118 series, 8 series, 2 series
- Organic chemistry tutor for 6 years. TA for 10 quarters. Head TA experience
$20/hr for UCD students; group rates available
- CHE2ABC, CHE105/115/125, CHE118B
- I am a sixth year physical/analytical chemistry PhD student and have been a TA for 4.5 years. I would be happy to help you clear concepts and overcome difficulties you may be experiencing in your course work!
$30/hour individual, group rates available by email
- 2A,B,C, 8A,B, 118A,B,C, 128A,B,C
- I am a second year graduate student with an organic chemistry emphasis. I have TAed for 118B and 128A, and I have tutored for all of the 2 series, 8A and B. I was an instructor for general chemistry for 1 year before graduate school.
- Chem 118A/B/C Chem 8A/B
- I am a third year Chemistry Ph.D candidate with an emphasis in organic chemistry and biochemistry. 4+ years experience tutoring. I have also taught several quarters the 118 series. Send me an email to schedule an appointment!
- chem 2 series, Mat 17
- experienced in tutoring chem 2 series and Mat 17
- 2 ABC, 8 AB, 118 ABC
- I am a 3rd year PhD student in biological chemistry and I have been a TA/tutor at UC Davis for 3 years now (2A, 2B, 2C, 118A and 118B). I have also taught organic chemistry labs for 2 years before coming to UC Davis. I will be glad to help with your chemistry questions.
Individual: $25/hr, Group: $15/hr/student
- 2 ABC, 107 AB, 110 ABC
- I'm a second year grad student in physical chemistry. I have 4 years of tutoring experience, I've TAed 2A, 110A, 110B, and 211A, and I won a TA award for Winter Quarter 2016. Besides covering class material, I also help students master study and test-taking skills.