Jared T. Shaw
Ph.D. University of California, Irvine
The Shaw group focuses on the development of new reactions and the stereoselective synthesis of natural products and other biologically active molecules. We recently developed a novel four component reaction (4CR) that is being applied to the assembly of several complex polycyclic alkaloids and transcription factor inhibitors. We are also synthesizing several natural products that target bacteria resistant to current antibiotics.
Education, Awards and Professional Highlights
- NSF CAREER Award (2009)
- Appointed to UC Davis faculty (2007)
- Institute Fellow, Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT (2005-07)
- Institute Fellow, Harvard Medical School (2002-05)
- Amgen Research Award (2005)
- NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship, Harvard University (1999-2001)
- Ph.D. University of California, Irvine (1999)
- E. K. C. Lee Award for Excellence in Graduate Studies and Research (1998)
- ACS Division of Organic Chemistry Graduate Fellowship (1997)
- GAANN Fellowship, U.S. Department of Education (1994-1996)
- B.S. University of California, Berkeley (1993)
- “Synthesis and Evaluation of Quinazolines as Inhibitors of the Bacterial Cell Division Protein FtsZ.” G. M. Nepomuceno, K. M. Chan, V. Huynh, K. S. Martin, J. T. Moore, T. E. O’Brien, L. A. E. Pollo, F. J. Sarabia, C. Tadeus, Z. Yao, D. E. Anderson, J. B. Ames and J. T. Shaw. ACS Med. Chem. Lett., 2015, 308-312.
- "Enantioselective Intramolecular C-H Insertion Reactions of 'Donor-Donor' Metal Carbenoids. C. Soldi, K. N. Lamb, R. A. Squitieri, M. González-López, M. J. Di Maso, J. T. Shaw. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2014, 15142-15145.
- "Nobody Can See Atoms: Science Camps Highlighting Approaches for Making Chemistry Accessible to Blind and Visually-Impaired Students." H. B. Wedler, L. Boyes, R. L. Davis, D. Flynn, A. K. Franz, C. S. Hamman, J. G. Harrison, M. W. Lodewyk, K. A. Milinkevich, J. T. Shaw, D. J. Tantillo, S. C. Wang. J. Chem. Educ., 2013, 188-194.
- "Mechanism of Alkoxy Group Substitution by Grignard Reagents on Aromatic Rings and Experimental Verification of Theoretical Predictions of Anomalous Reactions." G. Jimenez-Oses, A. J. Brockway, J. T. Shaw, K. N. Houk. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2013, 6633-6642.
- "The Correct Structure of Aquatolide-Experimental Validation of a Theoretically Predicted Structural Revision." M. Lodewyk, C. Soldi, P. Jones, M. E. Olmstead, J. Rita, J. T. Shaw, D. J. Tantillo, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2012, 18550-18553.
- "Catalytic Alkene Cyclization Reactions for the Stereoselective Synthesis of Complex 'Terpenoid-like' Heterocycles." J. T. Moore, C. Soldi, J. C. Fettinger, J. T. Shaw, Chem. Sci., 2012, 292-296.
- "Comparison of Small Molecule Inhibitors of the Bacterial Cell Division Protein FtsZ and Identification of a Reliable Cross-Species Inhibitor." D. E. Anderson, M. B. Kim, N. A. Sorto, J. T. Moore, T. E. O'Brien, C. I. Grove, J. B. Ames, J. T. Shaw, ACS Chem. Biol., 2012, 1918-1928.
- "Applied Computational Chemistry for the Blind and Visually Impaired." H. B. Wedler, S. R. Cohen, R. L. Davis, C. S. Hamann, J. G. Harrison, M. R. Siebert, J. T. Shaw, D. J. Tantillo, J. Chem. Educ., 2012, 1400-1404.