Chemical Biology Innovation Group (CBIG) meetings highlight research-in-progress by chemical biologists on the UC Davis campus. Each meeting has speakers presenting projects that are mature, with the talks often focused on recently submitted or published papers.
Meetings are held on select Wednesdays throughout the academic year in the Alumni Center (AGR Room) from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM. Lunch and refreshments are provided courtesy of Fisher Scientific.
- January 30, 2019
- Diana Cudia (Ames Lab): "NMR Studies of Guanylate Cyclase Activating Protein-5 (GCAP5)"
- Jackson Zhu (Kurth Lab): "Mechanistic Approach to Reaction Discovery: From Heterocycles to Photoswitches"
- March 13, 2019
- April 24, 2019
- June 5, 2019
November 7, 2018
- Prof. Marie Heffern: "Mapping Inorganic Biochemistry in the Extracellular Space "
- Stephen Laws (Shaw Lab): "Stereoselective Catalytic Reactions for the Synthesis of Lactams"
May 30, 2018
- Marcus Moreno (Lagarias Lab): "Structural insights to chromophore binding in a novel Far-red Cyanobacteriochrome"
- Derek Gagnon (Britt Lab): "Utilizing EPR to Characterize Protein Metallation Sites and Radical Intermediates"
April 25, 2018
- Scott Suter (Beal Lab): "Major groove modifications in the seed region of an siRNA can control its miRNA-like off-target effects"
- Morgan Matson (Atsumi Lab): "Electrical-biological hybrid system for CO2 reduction"
March 7, 2018
- Dr. Karen Wagner (Hammock Lab): "Small Molecule Inhibitors of soluble Epoxide Hydrolase in Nociception"
- Doug Banda (David Lab): "Pro-survival enzyme MUTYH kills cells in response to alkylation DNA damage: A biochemical approach"
January 31, 2018
- Joshua Wood (Associate Director, Mouse Biology Program)
"Next Generation Tools and Techniques for the Efficient Production of CRISPR-Animal Models Translatable to the Clinic"
- Youtian Ciu (Siegel Lab)
"Genomic enzyme mining and enzyme engineering enable a novel pathway for the production of 3-hydroxypropionic acid"
November 15, 2017
- Xiaoxiao Shi, PhD (Goodin Lab)
"Conformational studies of cytochrome P450s in solution by Double Electron-Electron Resonance (DEER)"
- Guodong Rao (Britt Lab)
"Organometallic intermediates in [FeFe] hydrogenase bioassembly"
May 31, 2017
- Henny O'Geen, PhD (Segal Lab)
"Targetable Epigenome Editing with dCas9/CRISPR”
- Qinhong Yu (Ames Lab)
"Structural Basis of Light Activated Signaling by the Red/Green Cyanobacteriochrome, NpR6012g4"
April 12, 2017
- Professor Delmar Larsen
"Primary Events underlying the Biological Activity in Photoreceptors"
- Rich Squitieri (Shaw Lab)
"Construction of Carbon-Carbon Bonds by Enantioselective C-H Insertion Reactions of Donor-Donor Metal Carbenoids"
March 1, 2017
- Andrew Burch (Franz Lab)
"Progress towards understanding microalgal lipid accumulation mechanisms during abiotic stress"
- Vikrant Singh, PhD (Wulff Lab)
"Synthetic THR Modulators: Curious case of NH-3 and EBI"
January 18, 2017
- Jackson Zhu (Kurth Lab)
"Potent CFTR Activator as a Potential Therapy for Constipation"
- Mariana Barboza, PhD (Lebrilla Lab)
"Development of a Glycoproteomic Platform to Unravel the Complexity of Brain N-Glycoproteins"
November 30, 2016