June 1: Per the UC Davis Office of Research, the campus is prepared to start Phase 2 of the research ramp up on Monday, June 1. Please continue to work with your research advisor and review department guidance for next steps.
- Our department fondly remembers Professor Jim Swinehart, an Inorganic Chemistry member of the department from 1963 to 1994, who passed away this June. A remembrance page is available here.
- Congratulations to Professor Annaliese Franz who has been awarded a Science Translation and Innovative Research (STAIR) grant! The research project is titled "Developing an Algae Ruminant Feed Additive to Reduce Methane Emissions".
- The Editors of Nature Communications has selected a Britt and Yu/Ribbe (UC Irvine) lab publication for the Editors’ Highlights webpage of recent research on Organic Chemistry and Chemical Biology.
- Assistant Professor Jesús Velázquez has won the 2020 Dean's Collaborative Research Award (DECOR) and secured a 2020 New Research Initiative and Interdisciplinary Research Grant. Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Lam Lab graduate students Shabnam Jafari and Diedra Shorty for their venture, StarBio, winning both the $20,000 first prize and the $10,000 Health Sector Award at the 20th annual Big Bang! Business Competition at UC Davis! Congratulations to you both!
- Assistant Professor Jesús Velázquez is featured in a Science magazine highlight of this year's Cottrell Scholars.
- Graduate Student Fatima Hussian finished the Grad Slam as a finalist. Congratulations!
- Assistant Professor David Olson's interview and researcher profile has been published in ACS Chemical Neuroscience.
- Congratulations to Jayashri Viswanathan, currently an undergraduate researcher in the Olson Lab, for winning the prestigious Barry Goldwater Scholarship!
- Dr. Tracy Caldwell Dyson, a NASA astronaut and Chemistry Ph.D., was featured in a NASA tweet describing life in isolation on the Space Station.