- Professors Carlito Lebrilla, Oliver Fiehn and Heike Wulff are among 17 UC Davis faculty recognized as Highly Cited Researchers by Web of Science, a distinction given to fewer than 0.1% of the world's researchers. Congratulations!
- The inaugural UC Davis Inorganic Chemistry symposium was held on November 7, 2019 featuring 5 invited speakers and an undergraduate/graduate student poster session. With over 120 students, postdocs, faculty, alumni and industry scientists in attendance, the symposium was a resounding success!
- Assistant Professor of Teaching Chemistry Ozcan Gulacar has won the 2019 ACS Committee on Environmental Improvement award for incorporating sustainability into chemical education. Congratulations!
- Graduate student Sommer Johansen (Crabtree Lab) won the 2019 Rao Prize and the inaugural Snyder Award at the International Symposium on Molecular Spectroscopy for her talk on the rotational spectrum of the cyanovinyl radical. Congratulations Sommer!
- Distinguished Professor William M. Jackson has been named as the 2019 recipient of the Arthur B.C. Walker II Award by the Astronomical Society of the Pacific. Congratulations!
- Distinguished Professor R. David Britt has been named as a 2019 Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry. Congratulations!
- Distinguished Professor William H. Casey has been named as a 2019 ACS Fellow. Congratulations, Bill!
- Dr. Shunda Chen (Donadio Group) has been awarded 2019 UC Davis Award for Excellence in Postdoctoral Research.
- Bryan Enderle has been awarded for Excellence in Teaching by the College of Letters and Science; congratulations!
- Graduate student Jackson Zhu (Kurth Lab) has been selected to receive the Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Mentoring Undergraduate Research.
- Undergraduate students Virginia Johnson (Koski Lab) and Karina Targos (Franz Lab) have been awarded NSF Graduate Research Fellowships.
Emerging consensus on photosynthetic oxygen evolution
New Britt lab perspective published in Science