Readers in Chemistry
Under the supervision of Faculty and TAs, Readers assist in grading homework, quizzes and midterms in undergraduate classes and may hold an appointment as a Reader for a maximum of 19 hours per week. Positions are awarded according to experience and knowledge in the needed subject area. Applications are accepted throughout the year for Reader positions. If you are interested in applying, please complete the Google Docs application linked below and submit your unofficial transcript to email@example.com.
Applications are considered for one academic year and are not used for summer sessions.
Requirements for Reader Positions
- You must be a registered full-time student at UC Davis.
- You should have completed at least 2 years of chemistry coursework (i.e. general chemistry and organic chemistry)
- Your overall GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- Your GPA for Chemistry courses must be 3.0 or higher.
- You must have taken the course (or an acceptable equivalent course) for which you will be a reader and received a grade of "B" or better.